Ten women have been recognized for their outstanding entrepreneurship.
The Paro Centre for Women’s Enterprise announced the 10 winners during the annual Enterprising Women awards, which was held Thursday in Thunder Bay. The awards were part of a full day business education event.
2015 award recipients are:
• Kerry Berlinquette, Breakwater Taphouse, new business of the year.
• Maggie Chicoine, the Idea Sculptor, established business of the year.
• Jennifer Biron, the Redhead and the Chef, business with five-plus employees.
• Liesl Orford, Pie.ology, young entrepreneur.
• Veronica Fummerton, Freedom Recreation, social entrepreneur.
• Sandi Boucher, Traditionally Speaking, aboriginal entrepreneur.
• Zoe Arsenault, Superior Kinesiology, Francophone entrepreneur.
• Patricia Dellacceca, Paro volunteer of the year.
• Kat Keeping, SouLynx, Paro circle of the year.
• Pat Newman, White Owl Unique Crafts, Paro building bridges of the year.
Paro Centre for Women’s Enterprise is a not-for-profit social enterprise. The goal of the organization is to collaborate to empower women, strengthen small businesses, and promote community economic development across Northern Ontario.
For more information, visit paro.ca.