Chief Executive Officer
Fort William First Nation
Chief Executive Officer - 5 yr. Contract
Under the direction of the FWFN Chief and Band Council, plans,
organizes, directs and controls, the development and
implementation of all FWFN programs, projects and services.
• Responsible for the overall supervision of all
administrative staff and Project Administrators, with
direct supervision provided to the Senior Managers.
• Establishes objectives for the departments and
formulates policies and programs.
• Attends all Council meetings and provides information
and resources for Band meetings and Band Council
• Prepares Band Council resolutions, contribution
arrangements and other funding proposals to access
funds for priorities as determined by the Band Council.
• Assist FWFN Chief and Council in developing the longterm vision and strategic plan of FWFN and facilitate the
implementation of that plan.
• A full job posting is available upon request.
• Submits reports/briefs on all department activities,
financial and administrative matters to the Chief and
Council and other agencies.
• A university degree or college diploma in Band
Management, Business Administration, Finance or other
related field and several years of experience as senior
manager in a related organization or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Understanding of the Fort William First Nation
traditions/heritage/cultural life ways are a definite asset.
Conditions of Employment:
• Valid Ontario Drivers License and use of personal vehicle.
• Must be able to travel.
• Criminal Reference Check.
Applications (cover letter, resume with 3 references) must
be received by 4pm on Monday, March 8th, 2013. To the
attention of: FWFN HR Department, 90 Anemki Drive,
Suite 200,Thunder Bay, ON, P7J 1L3. Please ensure that
your application is date stamped and a copy provided to you.
We appreciate all applications. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.