Diabetes Nurse Educator
DIABETES NURSE EDUCATOR
Longlac Site – 1 FTE
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres,
the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based,
non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and LongTerm Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network,
emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention
programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Diabetes Nurse Educator, who as a
valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide
nutrition education programs on an individual and group basis. The
Diabetes Nurse Educator is also a member of the primary care
team and will provide clinical counselling to clients of the Centre.
• Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) designation by the Canadian
Diabetes Educators Certification Board or be eligible and willing
to obtain certification.
• Registered Nurse with current registration with the College of
Nurses of Ontario.
• Bilingualism in both official languages would be an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
• Proven experience working in community based programs and
ability to develop and implement participant driven programs.
• Awareness of and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural
issues in nutrition.
• A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle for
delivery of programs.
• Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Knowledge of telemedicine services.
Please submit your application with three work references. This
position will remain open until filled.
Debbie Inman, CHRP
Manager of Human Resources
NorWest Community Health Centres
Main Site - 525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: (807) 622-7637
We thank all applicants for their interest
but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.