ONTARIO FIRST NATIONS TECHNICAL SERVICES CORPORATION
E M P L OY M E N T O P P O RT U N I T Y
Thunder Bay Service Centre
Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC)
requires an Infrastructure Specialist for the Thunder Bay Service
Centre. The mandate of OFNTSC is to provide technical and
enhanced advisory services to the Unaffiliated First Nations in
Ontario. The primary role of the Infrastructure Specialist will be to
conduct new and renovated housing inspections, provide advisory
services regarding residential construction including building
science and energy efficiency, O & M, Minor Capital, some aspects
on Major Capital, training, housing policy and related government
programs. The Infrastructure Specialist will report directly to the
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
• Conduct plans examinations and inspections on new housing at the
required stages of construction as well as advise and inspect on
• Assist and advise on residential construction projects including
building techniques, energy efficiency, contract administration and
• Assist and advise Unaffiliated First Nations in understanding the
level of information required in inventory collection and verification
of AANDC’s Integrated Capital Management system (ICMS) and
the Capital Asset Management System (CAMS) including asset
condition reporting system (ACRS) as well as maintenance
• Assist and advise on government program funding and reporting.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have a College Diploma in Civil Engineering or Architectural
Technology/Technician or other related specialty.
• At least 5-7 years experience in similar field/areas of expertise.
• Certification as a building inspector.
• Must have experience working with First Nation communities and
have a good understanding of First Nation culture.
• Knowledge of government programs available to
First Nation communities.
• Strong knowledge of residential construction techniques and
• Experience in theory and practices in operation and maintenance
of community building, water and sewer systems, landfills/refuse
sites, roads/bridges and other community services.
• Certification as an R-2000 Professional, Energy Advisor and/or
Energy Star Advisor is an asset.
• Must be highly self motivated with excellent oral/written
• Ability to operate computers and a variety of software applications
such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCad (asset).
• Valid Ontario Drivers License AND ability to travel extensively
CLOSING DATE: Friday, May 3, 2013, 4:30 p.m. (EST)
Please mark very clearly on the envelope "INFRASTRUCTURE
SPECIALIST" and Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (416)6511673 your resume/Curriculum Vitae to:
Brian Staats, CRSP, Operations Manager
Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation
111 Peter Street, Suite 606
Toronto, Ontario M5V 2H1
For a detailed job description, contact Reception (807) 623-9595
We thank all applications, however only those
receiving an interview will be contacted.