THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13
ANNUAL BOOK SALE — Thunder Bay 55 Plus Centre, 700 River St., will continue their annual book sale today, 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and Friday, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. All ages welcome. Info: 684-3277.
WESTFORT WARD MEETING — A Westfort ward meeting will be held today with Coun. Joe Virdiramo, at the West Thunder Community Centre, 915 S. Edward St., 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
ARTHRITIS SOCIETY WEBSITE — The Arthritis Society has launched their ultimate go-to resource for Canadians, a new website: www.arthritis.ca, offering visitors customized information on types of arthritis, options for treatment and advice from experts. For more information, call Linda at 345-9535 ext. 1 or email: email@example.com.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
* Perogies & cabbage rolls for sale every Friday, St. Mary Our Lady Queen of Poland Church, 85 N. Algoma St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Orders: 344-1481.
* Perogies & cabbage rolls for sale every Friday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at Polish Alliance Br. 19, 102 S. Court St. Info: 345-1166.
* Perogies for sale every Friday, at Port Arthur Prosvita, 540 S. High St. Orders: 344-7490.
* Knights of Columbus Rosie’s Friday lunch buffet, 301 S. May St., every Fri., 12-2 p.m.
* Thunder Bay 55 Plus Centre, 700 River St., 684-3066:
— ladies only billiards, 11 a.m.
— hot lunch, 11:30 a.m.
— badminton, 12 p.m.
— contract bridge, 12:45 p.m.
— Grief Support Group, 1:30 p.m. Call 684-3471.
— bid euchre, 1:30 p.m.
— carpet bowling, 2 p.m.
* Social Bridge, Oliver Rd. Community Centre, 12:50-3:30 p.m. $5, includes coffee & light lunch. Info: 768-3618.
FUNDRAISING RECEPTION — A fundraising reception with hors d’oeuvres and cash bar will be held for Honourable Jason Kenney, Conservative MP Calgary Southeast, Sat., Sept. 15, 4-8 p.m. at the Da Vinci Centre, Marco Polo Room 340 S. Waterloo St. $75. Visit: thunderbayrainyrivercpc.ca, call Monique at 623-4442 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNUAL WINE & CHEESE — The Canadian Federation of University Women are holding their annual wine & cheese, Mon., Sept. 17. Club events and interest groups run from September through June. Come out and see what is in store for the upcoming season. For more information, call Bonnie at 767-7227 or email: email@example.com.
MINING READINESS STRATEGY — The public is invited to attend either of two information sessions to learn about the Mining Readiness Strategy - An Integrated Regional Economic Development Plan. The first session will be held Mon., Sept.. 17, 5:30-9 p.m. at the Fort William First Nation Community Hall. The second session is Tues., Sept. 18, 4-9 p.m. at the Italian Cultural Centre, Algoma St. For more information, visit: www.ThunderBay.ca/cedcmining.