From Beethoven to Bowie, the Thunder Bay Symphony Orchestra’s new season is called New Beginnings.
“We begin our exciting new season with a new music director (to be announced soon), a new concert start time of 7:30 p.m. and a new night for Masterworks,” said Ken Boshcoff, executive director and director of development at TBSO. “We offer music to appeal to a wide variety of musical taste with sophisticated Masterworks, brilliant Pops, adventurous Classical Plus, Season’s Pass and Select Six series.”
Subscriptions for the 2017/18 season are on sale at the Community Auditorium box office starting Saturday, offering considerable savings over single ticket prices.
Subscription season highlights include:
• Dvorak: New World Symphony
• Daniel Bartholomew-Poyser & The Symphony Goes to the Movies
• Thunder Bay soprano Gillian Sadler singing Cabaret songs
• Brahms – Piano Concerto No. 2 with Canadian superstar Serhiy Salov
• Brass and Bow featuring fiddler Pierre Schryer and trumpeter Merrie Klazek
• Canada Remembers with perennial favourite Brian Jackson
• Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 with the iconic Ode to Joy
• Music of David Bowie and Prince with Jeans ’n’ Classics.
For additional information, visit the TBSO website at www.tbso.ca