Pearl O'Brien (nee Sedor), age 89 years, passed away peacefully at her residence in Pinewood Court on Sunday, August 19, 2012. Born at Jarvis River, Hwy 61, Fort William, Ontario, May 27, 1923 to parents John and Anatasia Sedor. In her early years, she worked with her siblings on the family farm in Slate River. Pearl married John OBrien on November 25, 1942 in Fort William. After a short time during the war in Nova Scotia they became lifetime residents of this city. Pearl was a long time member of St. Elizabeths Church and the Catholic Womens League. Her home and garden were her special interests. She excelled in petit point work and her pieces are prized by her family. Pearl knit beautiful afghans for gifts to family and friends and they were also distributed through the Red Cross Society. Pearl is survived by her sons Larry (Joanne), Terry (Kathy), John (Margie), Kevin (Eva) and Dennis (Dina) and daughter Mary Louise. Pearl is also survived by her sisters Virginia (Paul) Kassa, Alice Chunick and Anna Randle of Thunder Bay; brother-in-law Guy OBrien; sister-in-law Eileen and her husband Ernie Tilbury; sister-in-law Mary and her husband John Moland; along with grandchildren Kelly, Christopher, Ginny, Keith, Chrissie, Jennifer, Jeffrey, Justin, Lindsay and Malcolm; great grandchildren Sydney, Samuel, Ethan and Macey; numerous nieces and nephews. Pearl was predeceased by her husband of 52 years, John OBrien; sisters Marie Smith, Judy Walberg, Catherine Morrison and Margaret Sedor; brother Alexander Sedor; and sisters-in-law Kathleen OBrien, Margaret OBrien, Helen Dyll, and Joan OBrien. Funeral services will be held on Friday, August 24, 2012 when family and friends will gather for Funeral Mass at 10:00 a.m. in St. Elizabeth's Church, celebrated by Rev. Rey Ronquillo. Interment will follow in Mountain View Cemetery. If friends desire, memorials to the Heart & Stroke Foundation or the Canadian Diabetes Association would be appreciated. A tree will be planted in memory of Pearl O'Brien in the Blake Funeral Chapel Memorial Grove. Annual dedication service Sunday, June 9, 2013.
may be sent to