Details for WILLIAM WALTERUKRAINEC \"BILL\"
On Wednesday, October 14th 2020, Bill Ukrainec, husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend, passed away peacefully holding his daughter's hand at the age of 71 years. Bill was predeceased by his parents Anne and Maxwell and brother Larry. Bill will be forever remembered by his wife Val, and his daughter Kim (Sasha) and granddaughters Emma and Keira, and by his brothers, Brian (Bernice), David, Kenny (Linda) and Allen (Grace). Bill will also be forever remembered by her numerous nieces, nephews and extended family and very dear friends.
Bill spent most of his life in Thunder Bay but spent the past 5 years in Burlington, so he could be closer to his daughter and granddaughters. They are so thankful for the past 5 years as they saw their Grandpa as a wonderful: magician, golf instructor, chef/baker, board game player and hugger.
A special thank you to all his wonderful friends who created such lasting memories for him.
A Virtual Funeral Service will be held at a later date. In addition, a Celebration of Life will be held in the summer/spring in Thunder Bay.
Memorial donations in memory of Bill may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Splash pad bucket battle divides neighbours
- Inductees feted during Women’s History Month
- ‘Everything is up in the air’
- Lakehead preparing for all scenarios
- Flying Forts was a big deal
- Some worry removing centre will take away safe space
- Pride crosswalks complete on city streets
- ‘Hard to imagine’ how officers could have caused death
- Auction to support care for breast cancer
- Bakeries to offer taste of Halloween
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Nurses block bridges in Montreal and Quebec City in protest over work conditions
- 'Sesame Street' launches a podcast to help educate kids
- The latest numbers on COVID-19 in Canada for Monday, Oct. 19, 2020
- 6 Russian military officers charged in vast hacking campaign
- High court to review two cases involving Trump border policy
- Gifty new and unusual pandemic-proof games for the holidays
- Judge puts Wisconsin capacity limit order back into effect
- BCE says Bell group president Wade Oosterman to lead Bell Media starting next year
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Receive daily headlines on local news, sports, entertainment, and more right to your inbox. Sign up now!
The Interstellar Outdoor Cinema has set up shop temporarily in the north parking lot of the Intercity Shopping Centre. Scores of cars lined up at dusk Wednesday night for the Reel Paddling Film Festival, sponsored by Wilderness Supply Thunder Bay. This evening, the big screen will show a con…