Memorial ride for city motorcyclist and MADD Canada
A local motorcycle group organized a memorial ride on Monday in honour of fellow motorcyclist Nick Berardi. Over $4,000 was raised in support of MADD. Donations in Nick's memory to MADD Canada are still being accepted.
Berardi, 28, died when his motorcycle came into collision with a pickup truck whose driver has been charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing death, and failure to provide a breath sample.
Upwards of 200 motorcycles and other vehicles rode from Tim Hortons on Oliver Road to Silver Islet.
- Newcomers win at 10-miler
- Stunt drivers caught over weekend, claim OPP
- Craftsman’s work catching eyes
- Hundreds of drunks taken off roadways: OPP
- Thunder City Speedway primed for 2nd season
- Trucker caught littering through window, claim police
- Gula gets weightlifting medal
- Businesses coming through to improve lives
- Manitoban dies in 3-vehicle crash
- Crash leads to trouble for senior in truck
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.
- Jewish groups and city officials plan protest against Roger Waters concert in Frankfurt
- Kelly keen to lead Cats
- Mechanical podium, playfully dubbed 'explodium,' aims to even B.C.'s political field
- Hunter punished
- Montreal filmmaker documents race to save vanishing North American Chinatowns
- Early snowmelt in Western mountains means drier summers, more wildfire risk: study
- Police in Hamilton investigate double homicide involving landlord and tenants
- Voters in Turkey return to polls to decide on opposing presidential visions
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Receive daily headlines on local news, sports, entertainment, and more right to your inbox. Sign up now!